The Team House at Warrior Wellness Program is designed to provide a safe and therapeutic space for Military, Veterans, and their families to engage in and build camaraderie with the community around them. The Team House focuses on 3 core concepts in achieving this:
Health – An empowered life starts with sound physical, mental, and emotional health. To deliver this, our services at the Team House include:
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) (and other modalities) ART focuses directly on how negative images are connected with emotional and physical reactions. Click Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for more information
- Integrative restoration is a guided meditation practice designed to elicit deep relaxation. Click Integrated Restoration (iRest) for more information
- Adaptive Yoga – Warrior Wellness offers calming and stress-relieving yoga classes designed to stretch and strengthen the body gradually. Click Adaptive Yoga for more information
- Mindfulness – a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. Mindfulness activities include art projects, music on the beach and therapeutic outings.
- Physical Fitness and Nutrition Dialogue – Physical fitness is an important aspect of health and well-being. Our TRX (self-contained workout station) is available for use throughout the week for physical training. In addition, 7am workout session is offered 2-3 times per program week. This can be a great opportunity to re-establish a fitness routine or maintain the routine you currently have.
Connection – Avoiding isolation and building meaningful relationships is extremely important. Our Team House achieves this by providing:
- Community activities and outings – Throughout our Accelerated Wellness Program, groups going on several outings throughout the week including a local beach, a nature park with a raptor sanctuary, an equine therapy program, or visiting the local community of Tarpon Springs, FL.
- Veteran Volunteers – Local veterans who have experienced program and services of Warrior Wellness Program often become a volunteer at the organization including transporting veterans and their spouses, evening dinners, yoga and iRest instruction, physical fitness training and more.
Resilience – The ability to care for oneself and weather difficult times is vital to long term success. We provide these tools to ensure that our warriors are resilient:
- Resources to support continued growth include self-care strategies and tools learned throughout program participation including relaxation techniques, eye-movement strategies and vision boarding to focus on future success.
- Camaraderie – long lasting connections are made with program staff and volunteers, the organization itself and within the AWP participants experiencing their connection and growth with each other during the week-long program.